The environmental policy of KGHM reflects the company's concern for the natural environments in which it operates. KGHM undertakes a number of actions to minimise its impact on the natural environment.
The main tenets of the environmental policy are:
- maintenance of all equipment used to protect the natural environment in good working order,
- identifying new technological solutions limiting industrial impact on the environment and implementing them as and when required and feasible,
- development of waste management technologies and a continuous increase in the share of recycled waste in the total volume of generated waste,
- ongoing partnership with the local communities and government authorities for the benefit of the environment;
- collaboration with the Ministry of the Environment in terms of the implementation of national environmental policy,
- cooperation when preparing BAT (Best Available Techniques) reference documents for the non-ferrous metals industry, and
- cooperation with the European mining industry and non-ferrous metals industry in sectoral organisations when preparing EU documentation on environmental protection.
Protection of the natural environment and minimising the impact of the company's operations is a priority for KGHM. Thanks to its comprehensive environmental policy, KGHM sets the highest environmental standards.