Management Board governance
KGHM’s Management Board is statutorily required to meet at least once every month. In practice however, these meetings are usually held once a week. During these meetings, the Management Board discusses, among others, issues related to Company strategy, matters related to risk management, the financial and operational performance of the Company and any other strategic issues concerning the company and its operations. These meetings are convened by the President, or, in his absence, by the Deputy Vice President.
Management Board composition
The current Management Board is composed of five members.
The names, skills and experience of each member of the Management Board are shown in our Management Board section.
Following is the breakdown of duties within the Management Board of KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.:
The President of the Management Board is responsible for:
- activities related to overall risk management at the corporate level as well as internal auditing and controlling within the Group;
- the preparation, implementation and execution of the Company’s Strategy and Policy of Sustainable Development;
- activities related to comprehensive management of security and preventing losses in the Group;
- corporate supervision standards and compliance with the corporate governance standards adopted by the Company;
- overall corporate oversight over the Group’s subsidiaries in Poland and abroad;
- compliance with formal reporting and publishing obligations within the scope required by law;
- activities related to creating, updating and maintaining the uniformity of the organisation’s internal regulations to maintain consistent operating principles;
- providing organisational and legal services to the Company’s bodies;
- providing legal services to the Company;
- activities related to communications and corporate image-building within the Group;
- the shaping of relations with the Company’s external business environment;
- on the Founder’s behalf – supervision of the functioning of the KGHM Polish Copper Foundation as well as other organisations serving the public, which support achievement of the Group’s business goals;
- internal control;
- the activities of the Data Center (COPI) with respect to:
a) supplying and developing information and communication services required for the proper functioning of the Head Office;
b) the rational utilisation by management of ordered and contracted goods and services; and
- activities related to human resources management.
The Vice President of the Management Board (Finance) is responsible for:
- the shaping of the Group’s financial policy;
- review of the Main Strategy’s projects in terms of their financial feasibility;
- finances in all of the Group’s operations and activities;
- the creation of Group tax policy; and
- the Company’s accounting services.
The Vice President of the Management Board (International Assets) is responsible for:
- the preparation and implementation of strategy for international assets;
- activities related to acquiring and developing the International resource base;
- analysis, assessment and preparation of new international exploration projects;
- preparation of studies and expert opinions concerning international resource base projects;
- coordination of tasks with respect to the plan of the Company’s equity investments in international subsidiaries;
- substantive oversight over the Group’s international production entities, including the creation and execution of their production plans;
- the shaping of the Company’s commercial and logistics policies.
The Vice President of the Management Board (Development) is responsible for:
- advancement of the Company’s R&D policy;
- advancement of the Company’s innovation and intellectual property protection policy;
- coordination of the Company’s investments and development projects;
- the development, updating and monitoring of execution of the Group’s equity investments plan;
- shaping of the Company’s products portfolio;
- initiation, development and implementation of management standards in the process of managing projects and programs;
- acquisition and development of the mining resources base in Poland;
- management of real estate;
- overseeing the Company’s administrative services;
- the work of the Central Procurement Office.
The Vice President of the Management Board (Production) is responsible for:
- the integrated planning and optimisation of the Company’s production;
- occupational health and safety and control of environmental risks;
- activities with respect to maintaining readiness of the production and non-production assets and achievement of the main goals of the Energy Strategy;
- activities with respect to manufacturing products and development of the primary mine and metallurgical production;
- overseeing activities connected with the implementation, maintenance and improvement of management systems in the Company.
- integrated supply chain management.