The corporate risk management process established in the Enterprise Risk Management Policy in the KGHM Polska Miedź S.A Group aims at ensuring that key risks are identified, assessed and analysed, and on the basis of these assessments appropriate Risk Response Plans are prepared and Corrective Actions are implemented which provide for the limitation of threats and realisation of assumed business goals and will support identification of opportunities to gain competitive advantage.
Individual risk management is defined in separate and detailed regulations of Group's companies. KGHM Polska Miedź S.A., as part of its activities, dynamically manages market risk, credit risk, financial liquidity and random incidents risk.
More details on corporate risk management can be found in the Report of the Group's activities for 2016 (page 57).
CORPORATE RISK MANAGEMENT POLICY
Corporate Risk Management Policy at KGHM Polska Miedź S.A. Capital Group – it is a document describing an approach, defining basic principles and establishing Corporate Risk Management Policy at KGHM Polska Miedź S.A. Capital Group.
A comprehensive approach to risk management is aligned with our growth strategy, efforts in operational effectiveness improvement and sustainable and corporate responsible business implementation. It was designed to help our Company in building resilient corporate structure.
The goals of risk management:
- ensuring the creation and protection of shareholders value through establishment of integrated framework that supports identification, assessment, risk analysis and implementation of key risks responses;
- protection of our employees’ health and safety, natural environment and our brand reputation;
- supporting realization of business goals by implementing early warning tools on threats and opportunities;
- providing strong input for decision making at all levels of the organization;
- developing a risk conscious organization that will continually strive at excellence.